Congratulations to the winners of the 2011 National Medal for Museum and Library Service!!! The Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) has selected five libraries and five museums for this year’s award. They are:
- Alachua County Library District, Gainesville, FL
- Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn, NY
- Columbus Metropolitan Library, Columbus, OH
- EdVenture Children’s Museum, Columbia, SC
- Erie Art Museum, Erie, PA
- Hill Museum & Manuscript Library, Collegeville, MN
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Richmond, VA
- Madison Children’s Museum, Madison, WI
- San José Public Library, San José, CA
- Weippe Public Library & Discovery Center, Weippe, ID
The IMLS National Medal is America’s highest honor for museums and libraries for extraordinary civic, educational, economic, environmental, and social contributions. Recipients must demonstrate innovative approaches to public service and community outreach. View the 2011 National Medal for Museum and Library Service brochure here and read all about their works and initiatives.
Don’t forget to check out the past year’s winners here too!